Garmin has introduced the Vivoactive 3 Music, a variant of its Vivoactive 3 wearable that adds support for a music player. The Vivoactive 3 Music comes in black silicone 20mm band, and cost US $299.99, around US $50 more than the price of the Garmin Vivoactive 3. The accessory bands of different sizes are available for purchase separately for US $29.99. The Vivoactive 3 Music touted as the strongest competitor to Apple Watch Series 3 as it supports local storage, works as a fitness tracker, and has GPS connectivity. Originally, the Vivoactive 3 was first introduced in August last year and it competes with fitness trackers from Samsung, Fitbit, and Apple.
The Vivoactive 3 Music lets you store 500 songs by downloading offline music playlists from select streaming services like Deezer (coming soon), iHeartRadio, or you can transfer music from a computer directly to the smartwatch. Once the music is loaded, you have to pair the device with a set of compatible Bluetooth headphones, and there is no need to carry a smartphone for your music consumption needs.
The Vivoactive 3 Music is same as the Vivoactive 3 as it brings all the key features like touchscreen display with swipeable bezel, a heart rate monitor, payments through Garmin Pay, a swim-safe build, up to 7 days of battery life, VO2 max fitness levels, and access to the Garmin Connect IQ app store. The company has introduced several ways to customize the smartwatch with free watch faces, widgets, data fields, and apps like SmartThings & Uber. The Vivoactive 3 Music supports phone notifications and comes with built-in activity trackers.
On the specifications front, the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music sports a 1.2-inch display with a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels and according to company claims the battery lasts for 13 hours in GPS training mode, 5 hours in GPS and music mode, and 7 days in smartwatch mode. In terms of connectivity, the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music include Bluetooth Smart, ANT+, GPS, GLONASS and the sensors on board include optical HR, accelerometer, barometer, compass, and thermometer. The Vivoactive 3 Music is swim proof and can be used while swimming and it has 5ATM certification. The Vivoactive 3 also supports sleep tracking so you can wear them while going to bed.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music Features
- Display: 1.2-inch full-color Garmin Chroma sunlight-visible Display with a resolution of 240 x 240 pixels, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Compatibility: Compatible with Android and iPhone
- Activity Tracking Sleep monitoring, Calories burned, Floors climbed, Distance traveled, Intensity minutes, TrueUp, Move IQ.
- Music Storage: Up to 500 songs.
- Apps: More than 15 pre-loaded GPS and indoor sports apps – Strength Training, Cardio Training, Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing and Yoga, Cardio workouts, Strength workouts, Automatic rep counting.
- Dimensions: 43.1 x 43.1 x 13.6 mm
- Weight: 39g
- Water resistant: Up to 5 ATM.
- Sensors: GPS / GLONASS, Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor, Barometric altimeter, Compass, Accelerometer, Thermometer.
- Battery Life: Up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 5 hours in GPS with music mode; up to 13 hours with GPS mode and without Music.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music Technical Specifications
|Model||Vivoactive 3 Music||Box Content||Smart Watch, Charging Cable, User Manual, Warranty Card|
|Resolution||240 x 240 pixels|
|Pixel Density||283 pixels per inch (ppi)|
|Smartwatch Mode||Up to 7 days|
|GPS mode with music||Up to 5 hours|
|GPS mode without music||Up to 13 hours|
|Charging Mode||via USB|
|Shape & Surface||Circular|
|Dimensions||43 x 43 x 13 mm|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, ANT+, GPS, GLONASS|
|Sensors||Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor, Barometric altimeter, Compass, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Thermometer|
|Notifications||Alarm, Calendar Reminder, Timer, Weather|
|Activity Tracker||Calories Intake/burned, Distance, Steps, Hours Slept, Heart Rate|
|Compatible OS||Android, iOS|
|Water Rating||Swin, 5 ATM|